PedigreePoint (PedPoint) is a web based pedigree report generator. Use PedigreePoint software to put your database on the web so others can search and display pedigrees and other reports pertaining to an entry. Typically you would use a desktop application to maintain your pedigree database then, when you're ready, publish any updates to the MySQL database used by PedPoint so users of your web site can see it. A sample of the pedigree view is shown below. It shows how PedPoint can disply photos and also what we call marks which are the solid blocks of color in some of the cells. These can be used to indicate that an entry has for example some genetic defect. You can find out more about Marks here.
PedigreePoint is produced by Wild Systems - check out our main web site www.breedmate.com .
PedigreePoint installs on a website and is written in PHP. It connects to a MySQL relational database which is usually located on the same server as the website.
PedigreePoint is free of charge for private non-commercial use. Its written in PHP V7.3 and you get the source code so it can be easily adapted to individual needs such as displaying different fields or modifying or creating new reports. Most of the customisations that you would make can be done by editing one file - pp_config.php.
If you would like to see how it works then just - Search a database! On the search page simply enter a search string and click on the Search button. This will return a matching list of names in the database. Clicking on a report such as pedigree or breeding next to a name will display the report for that entry. For examples of what is possible with PedigreePoint technology see this list of sites using PedigreePoint.
There is a support group which you can join at: https://groups.io/g/pedigreepoint
PedigreePoint is still evolving and we plan to add more features and reports. We have now released V7.0 which includes trial matings.
- fast - most reports run in under a second!
- handles large databases (i.e. > 10,000,000 records)
- can search on any field (the list of search fields is user definable)
- searches can use wild card (*) characters and can be anchored to beginning, end, exact or anywhere
- search results can be ordered by name or DOB or any field
- user definable fields - shown on search results, reports and can be optionally searched
- faster uploads using GZip compression
- pedigrees can contain photos
- photo's on pedigrees are hyper-linked to full size images
- date format is user definable
- offspring report
- sibling report with separate lists of full, dam and sire siblings
- new vertical pedigree includes full siblings with each ancestor
- can maintain multiple breed databases in the one MySQL database (www.worldpedigrees.com has 40+ databases)
- you can optionally allow visitors to your site to create links to pedigrees in your database or display pedigrees generated from your web site on their web site
- uses CSS3 (Cascading Style Sheets) for easy customisation of fonts and colors.
- optionally show sire and dam in search results
- repeated ancestors in pedigrees are colorized
- reverse pedigrees
- optionally log all user activities, e.g. search, pedigree etc
- all reports with generations, e.g. pedigree, vertical pedigree, reverse pedigree, have convenient links in the header to select a different number of generations
- trial matings
- Ability to display marks against each entry. These can be used to indicate a specific entry has some property such as carrying or affected by a genetic disease or descended from a specific entry. Read more here .
- users can either not login OR you can require them to login with an account and password so you can control who accesses your web site
- optionally control how many reports a user can run per day
- Web site must have MySQL 5.1 or later
- PedPoint requires a web site with PHP 7.4 or later
- You don't need Pedigree Publisher to manage your web site data, but it does make it easy by offering a single click update for your web site's database. Pedigree Publisher is available from www.breedmate.com.
The software and this web site is written and maintained by Wild Systems, an Australian company . We also supply pedigree software, BreedMate and Pedigree Publisher which provides functions for exporting data to PedigreePoint. If you would like a copy of the latest installer for PedPoint then email us at email@example.com